With the first wave of coronavirus, I thought, okay, this is horrible but at least these anti-science Trump supporters will take the pandemic seriously now.
When the second spike hit, I recall thinking, wow, this is awful but at least they see how wrong they were and have learned something.
Now we face a catastrophic public health disaster that will surely convince the anti-masker MAGA sect to do their patriotic duty right?
We know they won’t. They seeit as an infringement upon their rights simply to do the decent thing. Their devotion to the Dear Leader has led to 256,000 deaths. Now they see ignoring the current spike and gathering for Thanksgiving as yet another opportunity to “own the libs.” I wonder how that will go?
Still, you have to laugh to keep from crying, and mask to keep from dying. So here are the top 10 worst takes on COVID-19 so far:
10. “This virus is the common cold.” — Rush Limbaugh, worst human on Earth
9. “If we stop testing right now, we’d have very few cases, if any.”— Donald Trump, runner up in 2020 election
8. “We have contained this. I won’t say it’s airtight, but it’s pretty close to airtight.” —Larry Kudlow, professional hack
7. “Maybe we’d be just better off if we gave it to everybody.” —Rick Santelli, brainless CNBC commentator
6. “My body, my choice.” — Marjorie Taylor Greene, QAnon quack congresswoman
5. “One day , it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” — Donald Trump, disgraced president
4. “Even if virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat & into stomach where acid will kill virus.” — Geraldo Rivera, Fox News huckster
3. “I am far more concerned with stepping on a used heroin needle than I am getting the coronavirus.” —Tomi Lahren, celebrity idiot
2. “Calm down. In the end this was just like the flu and people die from that every year. Coronavirus will pass.” — Tucker Carlson, bow tie wearing white supremacist
1. “I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?” —Donald Trump, cult leader